You have decided that you would like to remodel your bathroom, but want to maximize the look and feel. Here are a few ideas on ways to maximize your floor and storage space, and simply make the room feel larger than it actually is.
- Consider installing a pocket door. This will eliminate the need for door clearance, which is typically a 30 wide arc.
- Install frameless shower doors if your budget includes a new shower.
A pivot hinge will minimize the shower door swing, which also eliminates the need for a larger clearance.
- Eliminate linen closets if not needed. You can replace the shelf space with wall hanging cabinets.
- Eliminate partition walls. Partition walls are generally found in older homes, and are space wasters that come from a design period where the style was to break up rooms into smaller areas.
- Eliminate fur downs. This will give a feeling of openness.
- Wall mounted vanities (sometimes called floating vanities) and vanities with taller legs (open space below the vanity) enhance the open feel. There are many small vanities in the market now, some as small as 18 wide, or you could have a custom vanity made.
Custom cabinets will cost more than a pre-packaged vanity, but it can also be a very unique piece. Wall mounted vessel sinks or corner vanity cabinets are a great use of space too while adding a designer look.
- Use cool paint colors, such as neutrals, white or pastels to give the illusion of open space; add color to your project with accessories, such as towels and hardware.
- Use recessed can lights that are positioned in relationship to the vanity mirror to brighten the room.
- Mirrors can add the illusion of space.
- Eliminate all clutter. An organized, simple look makes any room appear larger and more open.
For more information about bathroom design ideas, visit UniqueVanities.com
Or email us with your questions at uniquevanities@msn.
About the Author (text)Julia Ritzenthaler is Owner of boutique online furniture stores, UniqueVanities.com, UniqeMirrorsOnline.com, airline promotional codes